Subject: Re: Leica ain't perfect...
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 12:39:14 -0700 (MST)

From the mails of the LUGnuts who reported
>they lost lost their eyepiece

Funny... I cannot get mine off. I tried and tried but the thing is on there
for good.

I've kinda grown up with the impression that checking ones equipment - cars,
guns, cameras, etc - and tightening things periodically is part of the
responsibilities of owning things mechanical. Fasteners which are meant to
be removeable ie: screws and nuts and bolts, tend to loosen with use of the
item. What's wrong with taking up a screwdriver once in a while and giving
them a snug turn?

BTW, Sears has now a set of really fine drivers (flat, Phillips and Torx)
for $20.00 that is the finest that I've ever seen. They sell them under the
name "Micro-Tech Expert". The handles are much nicer than the "jewelers"
sets most hardware stores sell and are color coded. The tips are hardened
and chromium plated and very sturdy. If you are going to take a tool to a
small fastener, make sure it fits otherwise it will slip and destroy the
fastener's head.

Just some thoughts.

Regards,

Ben W. Holmes