Subject: RE: Leica ain't perfect...
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 1997 22:34:04 -0700

LUGs,

I am shocked that you are even considering using Loctite. If the new
cameras, etc., are this bad, you should be buying the M3s and IIIfs.

I have also noticed problems that should not be. For example, the
leatherette covering the battery cover had to be reglued on my camera. This
is inexcusable.

Of course, I doubt that the quality is any better on the new Leica, which
was issued to "commemorate" Leica going public.

Incidentally, I also noticed that the focusing ring of the 90mm Elmarit is
now plastic. I assume that the quality of this plastic is better than that
used in the battery cover.

Anyway, where does one find metal covers ala SL. The SL2 covers do not fit.

Best of Light,

Chris

At 11:46 PM 1/8/97 -0500, you wrote:
>On hearing the discussion on threaded parts falling off, I was also
thinking about loctite. It seems that Mark B. has already tried
(sucessfully?). I would never have thought that these peices were prone to
loosening. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!