Subject: Re: Leica Elcan
From: harbi@richmond.infi.net
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 1997 08:16:05 -0500

The KA-28A or 28B, depending on which lens was installed, sells at
camera shows for around $300-$400. They could be more between dealers
and users elsewhere because of their practicality for aerial work. BTW,
either lens is suoerb, probably since they came from the same source and
met the same specifications. Both have outstanding contrast and produce
outstandingly sharp images. The lens without the body is not too
marketable, I have had one for as long as 2 years and sold them to
curious leicafiles for their amusement for about $100.

The Elcan 90 F1.0 is a different story, very valuable and rare, but you
need all the focus rings which went with it to make it functional and
worth the $5000 I got for the one I had. My understanding is that they
were made for the KE-7A, and used by the U.S. Navy for survilence. If
you ever saw one you would wonder how they could be discrete with this
monster on a camera.