Subject: Rondinax Tank
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 11:01:43 -0500

Does anyone know whether Agfa still makes the dayload 35mm Rondinax tank that
Leitz distributed back in the 50's? It was designed to open Leica cassettes,
but could accommodate any standard 35mm cassette.

I still use mine, but methinks I'll need a replacement soon. It has a
built-in thermometer. It required a half-turn every 5 seconds in order to get
evenly developed negatives because part of the film reel was out of the
developer. It used only 8 ounces of liquids.

The Rondinax is probably no longer made, but it should be. It is a great
hands-on tank, very easy to clean and compact enough to travel with. Mine
still performs very well. Would that Leica would restore the Rondinax in all
its original glory to the Leica system.

Bob R