Subject: Re: Is it a Leica IIIc ? (long)
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 17:41:30 -0500

It was BUILT as a IIIc in '46 or '47, while the lens dates from 1946.  DAG
is a reasonable place to have the camera CLA'd, though I'd send the lens on
to Focal Point for a coating -- yours was coated on manufacture, but the
process was a drip method which left a wet coating which is subject to
drying out.  (Though, to be fair, I shot with my Summitar for years without
complaint before I had it recoated.)

If it has a flash synch, it's been upgraded.  Look for a synch socket on the
upper back or lower front of the camera.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!