Subject: WAF (Was: Contax TVS & Leitz Optics)
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 11:02:00 +0000

Hi LUGers, and Happy New Year from Ireland.

>At 01:18 PM 12/27/96 -0500, Richard Clompus wrote:
>
>>For those of you who are married, there is always the issue of the WAF
>(wife acceptance factor) when
>>you bring home new camera gear, lenses or audio equipment.

And Marc replied:
>Gads, sir:  you simply don't tell them!  My wife still hasn't noticed the
>APO-Televid which I've had for the past 18 months (with all eyepieces,
>including the 32X WW and the camera adapter).
>
>Maintain domestic bliss.  Share your new acquisitions and the joys thereof
>with your friends, but silence is best maintained on the Home Front.

I suspect the WAF is in a direct relationship to the interest in
photography of "'er indoors". The more interested she is, the more complex
the smuggling game becomes. My wife's a brilliant florist (no commercial
intended), but confines herself to a florist-proof - and hence waterproof -
Minolta Weathermatic. As it's the only bright yellow camera in the
collection, she has no difficulty in picking it out from the chromes and
the blacks of Leicas, Rolleis, Canons, Nikons etc., and displays little
interest in the rest.

But, lest we get too chauvinist about this, what about the keen ladies out
there? Do they have similar problems with a HAF? Or, as marriage ain't all
that fashionable these days, even a PAF?

Slan

Alex

Alex Hurst
Cork Florists