Subject: touchy feely on Leica R8
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 96 23:51:57 -0800

Monday, I had occasion to visit my local camera dealer and took a
close look at the new R8 they have in stock. It sure looks like a
heavy beast when you first see it, but fitted with a 35-70mm zoom
lens, I was startled with how nice and light it really is, and how
well balanced it felt. The controls all fall into very comfortable
positions, the viewfinder has excellent displays and the available
information is just right. Shutter release is smooth and the wind
is just right too.

I'm very impressed. This is the nicest Leica R body I've touched
yet. It's a bit out of my price range for the foreseeable future,
but you never know when the unforeseen might happen. I'd been
conjecturing that if I did want to sell off my Nikon gear for
some reason, a Contax system was all I was really interested in
until now. This gives me more options. Nice job, Leica! I hope
it sells well.

Godfrey - Cupertino, CA, USA - ramarren@apple.com
Hope everyone had an excellent holiday!