Subject: Leica CL Metering
From: Ernie Nitka <eenitka@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 18:59:18 -0500

Howdy - I just got a Leica CL to 'test drive' and am thinking of
buying it.  My first roll of film thru it came out underexposed and
sure enough compared to a hand held meter it was two stops under. The
indoor pictures ( i.e. the ones of lower light intensity) were 2 stops
under though the outdoor shots were either = to the hand held meter or
at most 1 stop under.  I reshot a roll of Tri-x and set the ASA dial on
the CL to 100 and the indoor shots were all properly exposed.

The question in this post is this typical for the CL to be less
sensitive in lower light situations?  These readings were with the
battery that was in the camera but I also found the same thing when I
put in a new Wein Air Cell replacement battery for the PX625.

Any thoughts as I have about 2 weeks to definitely decide to keep this
CL or send it back for a refund.

Thanks

Ernie Nitka