Subject: Re: Don Chatterton
From: cmiller@berkshire.net (Curt Miller)
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 09:05:19 -0500 (EST)

I vote a strong and resounding 'yea' in support of Don's membership to the
group.

Don represents a tremendous asset to the LUG as well as to the larger
fraternity of American Leica owners and collectors.  While we, as members of
this forum and users of this equipment, frequently see Leica as
larger-than-life, the reality is that these objects of our fancy represent
but the smallest fraction of mainstream 35mm equipment purchases (and we as
users, the smallest group) in the country.  Owing to this and the fact that
collectors are a significant number of our ranks, it behooves us to
cultivate positive relationships between and among us as users.

Don is a very important part of our Leica community.  He has a treasure
trove of knowledge and experience.  He is able to share this wisdom with the
rest of us.  He is able to sell us the finest of this equipment - new and used.

I'm not quite sure what the reasons against his membership are since no one
has come forward to explain them.  I sincerely believe that that which he is
able to share with us is far more useful than much of the drivel I see
around here from time to time.  Quite frankly, I think I'd PAY to have him
as an active participant on the list (and also couldn't care less if he
posted all of his offerings to us).

Curt

Elizabeth Mei Wong
Henry Curtis Miller, M.P.A.

Pittsfield, Massachusetts
In the Berkshires, next door to Tanglewood