Subject: Modifying Leica M cases
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 23:00:53 -0500

Re M cases, As soon as I get a new Leica M case I take it to an experienced
luggage repair outfit and have them make the cover removable by installing a
heavy duty button fastener. I can then use the Leica M with or without the
front cover. Never lost a cover yet because I put it in my case immediately.

I prefer to use a case because the neckstrap eyelet will wear thru
eventually. The strap on the case is heavy duty. This system won't work for
journalism because reloading requires removal of the camera from the case.
There's seldom enough time for that luxury. But for field work, which is my
specialty, I'm seldom under time pressure. I don't need a motor for the same
reason.

Leica M cases are usually made of leather, which are easy to modify and last
more than a lifetime.

Bob R