Subject: LTM lens repair question
From: batista@rci.Rutgers.EDU (David Batista)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 16:52:54 -0500

       The problem:
         I just purchased a IIIa body, Hektor collapsible 50mm, f2.5
combination, unfortunately for me the Hektor is missing the two screwed-on
focus stops from the lens baseplate, and the infinity lock flange on the
lens baseplate is pretty torn up.  The lens is in good shape otherwise.
The glass seems clear and there are no cleaning marks or scratches.  The
aperture setting mechanism is stiff and clearly needs CLA.

        The Questions:
        Can or should this lens be repaired?

        Would the cost of repair outweigh its value as a lens or
collectible trade-in value on another lens?

        Are there reputable shops that specialize in Leica screw mount lens
repair?

        All opinions & recommendations welcomed.

        THANKS !

        David Batista
        Rutgers University Law Library
        batista@gandalf.rutgers.edu