Subject: Re: obscure Canon -> Leica thread mount adapter question
From: Reg Ronaldson <reg.ronaldson@zetnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 08:21:10 GMT

In message <9612120847.AA08387@grifter.pa.dec.com>
        pgs@pa.dec.com (Patrick Sobalvarro) writes:

> I have a question about an obscure lens mount adapter.  It's a "Canon
> Lens Mount Converter A".  The store claims it's a converter from Canon
> FD mount to Leica thread mount.  If I were sure that this were true I
> would buy it.

> snipped

Patrick,

looked through my Canon books and

Mount Converter A = Leica screw thread lens to Canon FD/FL mount.

Mount Converter B = Canon FD/FL bayonet lens to Leica screw mount.

I do have both of these but Mount B has no aperture stop down
mechanism so you would need a Canon lens which with a auto/manual
switch or one which is in stop down mode when unmounted. I beleive
the earlier Canon lenses are in stop down mode when unmounted, some
later ones had a switch on back of lens, most modern have no
mechanism on the lens to set to stop down mode when unmounted.

- --
R.Ronaldson         Norwich
                      Norfolk
                      England