Subject: Re: Leica repair (con't)
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@spherenet.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 1996 15:55:01 -0400

At 06:34 PM 04-12-96 +0100, Bert wrote:
>Dan Cardish wrote:
>
>>  would I be able to focus on something, say 10 feet
>> away (based on the lens scale) and then adjust the rangefinder so that the
>> images coincide, and then do the same for an object at infinity using the
>> other adjusting screw?
>>
>> Or is this a sure fire way to make a real mess of my camera?
>
>Dan, don't mess with this yourself. I think it will only make matters
>worse. Each rangefinder is factory adjusted at 15x magnification. I
>don't think you've got a viewfinder magnifier, or do you? Perhaps Mr.
>Puts would like to elaborate on this matter. He's been at the Leica
>factory on a couple of occasions and has written some very good articles
>about his visits.

You're probably right.  This Friday there's going to be a Leica clinic and
demo at a nearby camera store (maybe they will have the R8?) and I'll have
my camera checked out.  Hopefully they will have a competent rapair person
there who can advise me and actually show me how the rangfinder can be
adjusted.

Dan C.