Subject: Re: Leica repair (con't)
From: Bert Keuken <b.k@pi.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 1996 18:34:42 +0100

Dan Cardish wrote:

>  would I be able to focus on something, say 10 feet
> away (based on the lens scale) and then adjust the rangefinder so that the
> images coincide, and then do the same for an object at infinity using the
> other adjusting screw?
>
> Or is this a sure fire way to make a real mess of my camera?

Dan, don't mess with this yourself. I think it will only make matters
worse. Each rangefinder is factory adjusted at 15x magnification. I
don't think you've got a viewfinder magnifier, or do you? Perhaps Mr.
Puts would like to elaborate on this matter. He's been at the Leica
factory on a couple of occasions and has written some very good articles
about his visits.

Bert