Subject: Re: M3 No. 895671-What year?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 1996 12:16:29 -0500

At 11:28 AM 12/3/96 -0500, Brian Levy, J.D., wrote:

>Does the M3 require the cutting of the film similar to the screw mounts?
How exact does >this have to be, or does one NEED the template?

Two questions, two answers.

The M1/2/3 do NOT require any trimming of the film, a boon for us bulk-loaders.

On the thread-mount Leicas, the film can certainly be trimmed by eye.  It
does not have to be that precise.  I've not used a template in years --
never even owned one save for a couple I've picked up in odd Leica lots and
then sold.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!