Subject: New or Used M6
From: "J. Scott King" <jscottyk@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 13:27:43 -0600

Hello LUG:

You might remember my post from last week seeking opinions on the M6 vs.
the G2.  Well over the T-Day long weekend I did a little test.  I rented a
G1 and shoot a roll of E100SW in it and my M4-P.  I shoot frame by frame
with both cameras, same exposure, etc.

Well I decided that I will stay with the Leica.  Glass is top notch on both
systems... just different.  While I prefer the Leitz glass the real
difference for me is in handling.  I don't want to bore you with all the
details, so I will get on to my question.

Know that I know that I'm going to bite the bullet and get an M6, I must
decided on a new or used one.  The current street price, less rebate, is
around $2195.00.  A used mint late model is around $1950.00.  Is the
passport worth it?  With what I know so far I think it is.  Is there a
particular version of the M6 that is better than others?

I apologize for all the newbie questions, but when I going to spend this
kind of money I like to do my due diligence.

TIA,
Scott King
Austin, Texas