Subject: Frame 39 (was Re: born again)
From: James J Dempsey <jjd@k12-nis-2.bbn.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 10:18:19 -0500

> With my M6, I can get the first exposure at frame 0, and can usually get 39
> exposures on a 36 exp roll.  This is a benefit not usually brought up in
> discussions of the relative merits of Leica vs. auto loading cameras.  My
> Minolta 9xi will give me 36 exposure, period.  So my Leica saves me 10% in
> film costs!

I often get 39 frames too, but I find it annoying.

More often than not, frame 39 comes back from Kodalux unmounted and
cut in half.  I'm half tempted to rewind every roll at 37 just so I
don't miss those pictures that end up sliced.  I guess that it is too
close to the end such that their automated Kodachrome machine cuts it
up before processing.

Any alternative suggestions?

                       --Jim Dempsey--
                         jjd@bbn.com