Subject: Re: 21 Super Angulon
From: wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 1996 16:02:06 -0500

I have an M mount f3.4 21mm Super Angulon. It is a wonderful lens-compact
and very sharp. It is as least as good as the retrofocus Elmarit if not
better. It is not Japanese. (I've heard that said before)

An interesting result you get with this lens is that the negatives are
LARGER than the standard 24x36mm. They almost touch each other on the
processed film. This is because the rear element is so close to the film
plane that the image is projected onto the film at such a steep angle that
it spreads out behind the opening in the film plane. The first time I saw
this I thought my camera had film advance problems.

Cheers!

kw

- ----
LHSA, MEA, LAW                         preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>