Subject: Re: in between heartbeats
From: Kari Eloranta <eloranta@lammio.hut.fi>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 96 12:18:48 +0200

>From: KEVIN BURKE <KBURKE@iterated.com>
>>Handheld, available llght, no mirror flipping. No breathing either.
>>Some people say they know their heartbeat & can time the release
>>accordingly. I'm not sure I believe it.
..snip...
>Shooting  between heartbeats is also used.  I can usually feel
mine >when I'm concentrating.

I guess this is personal. I can feel it (at normal, relaxed rate)
only if I squeeze say a hand a bit. Somewhat awkward and adds
tension hence risk to shake. Have to practice I guess...

>With a high-mag scope (or long telephoto) it is possible to see
>some movement at the heartbeat.  Maybe this makes it easier to
>detect when the beats will occur.

This I believe. But I was mainly thinking of "regular" shooting
with relatively short, say 35 or 50 mm lens. Then you don't see any
beat. But it surely is still there and ruins the shot if timing is
bad.

Regards,

Kari