Subject: Re: White House
From: Fred Ward <fward@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 1996 15:53:24 -0400

responding to Donal s question about cameras at the White House....

I do not see any Ms there and have not for some time. The problem is
that Ms are best for short lenses.... you most often need long lenses
when working at events associated with the President.

I have seen a Leica R every now and then, as often as not from an
out-of-towner. Nothing regular.

The most-often used camera system at the White House, at sporting
events, and in general press coverage today is the Canon EOS system. The
lens choices, the zooms, and the fast, accurate auto-focus seems to be
what moved people from Nikons (while ruled the roost from the early
1960s until sometime in the 1980s) to Canon. Of course, there are still
some Nikons around, F4s and such, but not nearly as many as before. Look
for gray lenses at news events on TV and you can count the Canons.

No medium format used on a daily basis.

Fred Ward