Subject: Re: A room for everybody
From: dlevy@worldy.com
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 1996 15:14:55 -0500

Not really. If you look at those wonderful collectable Leicas from the 30s
through mid 40s. Leica obviously both prosperred and supported the political
situation. It seems that from the amount of equipment available that
competitors did not contribute as much to the effort in photographic
instrumentation.

From several photos, it appears the Leica was the camera of choice for a
certain 'leading' German politician of that period. Lest we forget, Leica
does have a political past, and collectors are profiting immensely from it
today.

At 11:38 AM 11/23/96 -0600, you wrote:
>At 11:09 AM 11/23/96 -0800, Oddmund wrote:
>>Everything is political, even the Leica.
>>Pretending to be unpolitical is an impossible mission.
>
>More Marxist rhetoric -- what incredible bull____!
>
>Chuck
>Chuck Warman     <cwarman@wf.net>
>"The abdication of Belief / makes the Behavior small."
>                                 ----Emily Dickinson

Brian Levy, J.D.
Agincourt Ont.
dlevy@worldy.com