Subject: Re: WTB: Minox 35 MB or 35AF
From: dlevy@worldy.com
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 1996 15:14:27 -0500

Isn't that called a collector's urge. I started just acquiring 1/2 frame
cameras years ago for no other reason than I several dealers knew I had an
Olympus and I apparently was the only user they knew. Each time I viited a
store, I'd get throw a couple more.

Then I made a mistake and bought a really nice Exacta and they found another
outlet for what nobody wanted.

Of course this happened before 1/2 became collectables and Exactas have only
recently sarted to be recognized, but who was I to question. I traded the
lot for my ETRS system, a Minox EC, and ML even up on day.

I think the Minox 35mm will shortly become more desirable as a user item
than they are. Part of this will be fueled by the new models which appear to
be mfg'd outside of Germany. Also, collectors will sart grabbing them since
there seems to be clutched of almost every model still new in box. The
prices are very reasonalbe, even slightly depressed even for the MDC. It is
a good time to get a them and all the accys. and stash them away.

Good hunting.

At 10:30 PM 11/20/96 -0700, you wrote:
>> From: dlevy@worldy.com
>>
>> Oh, okay. Sorry, I don't have one. In fact, it may be one of the rarer
>models.
>
>I'm not sure about that, though they did only make them for a couple years.
> For some odd reason, that I can't fully explain, I have been trying to get
>one of each Minox 35 model.  The MB is one I don't have yet.
>
>Best regards,
>Don

Brian Levy, J.D.
Agincourt Ont.