Subject: CHIM was Re: OK, the results
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 22:50:52 -0700

Friends,

Politics bores me. Yet, one has to admit that the Leica reputation is the
result of the work of many dedicated reporters, some of whom did not come back.

Incidentally, I was just looking over a new book of CHIM's photographs. The
book has a foreword by Cartier-Bresson. I am curious, did CHIM use a Leica
to take all of those wonderful pictures, before his life was cut short at
the Suez.

I must say that I like CHIM better than HCB. Unfortunately, I could not find
any references in the book to the camera or lenses he used.

Best regards,

Chris