Subject: Re: Why do we have cameras?
From: "Stefan Kahlert" <uzs13b@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 09:59:07 +0000

> >Good pictures are pictures with plenty of pathos, in the original
> >meaning of the word, which is "pain" in Greek.
>
> Yes, oh great one with all the knowledge. We know what pathos means. This
> *was* the Leica Users List! (Or was it? It's been so long, that I'm having a
> problem remembering.)

It is not a sign of bad manners to repeat a known fact to the
audience just to underline it (pathos).

I think Odmunds mail is ontopic as it refers to photography and to
a very Leica-specific kind of photography where Leica builded it's
reputation on. I like to know his opinion although I may not share
it.
You are invited to give us an argument if you disagree with him.

If you dislike Odmund as a person (and I get this impression from your
previous replys on him) you are free to put him into your killfile.

- --
Stefan Kahlert,
Medizinische Poliklnik der Universitaet Bonn
uzs13b@uni-bonn.de