Subject: Re: Leitz M6 vs. Leica M6
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 22:24:28 -0700 (MST)

>That sounds like the same sensitivity as my old Leitz M6.  It can take
>readings down to levels of about  1 sec at f1.4.  (aside: my old Nikon F2
>with the "AS" meter can take readings of 8 sec at 1.4!)
>
>Dan C.

I'm not suggesting that this is the lower limit of the M6 meter. In my
manual it gives the sensitivity of exposure range as: 0.125 cd/M sqd. to
125,000 cd/M sqd. @ f1. The working range is given as: at ISO 100, EV 0 to
EV 20 (i.e. 1s @ f1 to 1/1000s @f32). Compare this to the info shipped with
your Wetzlar M6. Is it different? I am not sure as to the actual difference
in the meter's sensitivity. I'm regurgitating what the salesman told me.

Curious,

ben