Subject: Re: Light, portable camera
From: "Don Bledsoe" <dbledsoe@micron.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 18:05:03 -0700

Brad Reisner wrote:

> Nobody likes the Minilux ? I was about to go down to Tamarkin and pick
one
> up this week for a trip (where I don't want to take my M).

Brad,

I think you need to ask that question of someone who actually owns a
Minilux.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if most of the negative opinions
on the Minilux are coming from folks who do not and have not owned one.

I own one and simply love it.  The 40mm f/2.4 Summarit lens is outstanding.
 In fact it is fabulous in my opinion.  Someone here mentioned that shutter
speeds only go to 1/300.  Not true.  They go to 1/400.  I can have all the
control over the camera I want or go to AE, AE aperture priority, auto
focus, manual focus, flash, no flash, etc.  But one thing I like about it
is when I turn it on it is ready to go in any lighting situation.  If I am
in a hurry to simply snap a photo I won't miss the opportunity with the
Minilux.  The camera is hell for stout, looks great, feel great, and
performs great.

I love Minox cameras too.  I have several of the 35mm models.  They are a
bit more compact than the mini-tank Minilux but none of them offer all the
feature of the Minilux.

Best regards,
Don