Subject: Re: M6 TTL flash metering
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 09:03:05 -0500

At 08:39 AM 11/15/96 -0500, Carl Muhlstein wrote:

>I am somewhat new to Leica M6 photography and tryed a Nikon SB25 flash in the
>non-TTL mode with less than spectacular results. A Metz representative
>recently showed me a $500+ TTL system which included an adapter cord. Has
>anyone had any luck using any adapters to get TTL usage from a SB25? I'd
>rather save the $500 towards my next lens! I would also appreciate some
>reader's comments on flash photography with the M6. Keep up the good work.

You cannot have TTL flash with an M6 as this requires that there be sensors
within the camera.  The M6 does not have these.

You can use an externally metered flash, however, and there are a scazillion
of these on the market ranging from the original Vivitar 283 to the Metz
40MZ-3.  I use a Metz 45CL-4 myself -- TTL on my Rollei 2.8GX and Canon EOS
10s, otherwise non-TTL.  Metz, of course, is owned by Leica ...

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!