Subject: Re: IIIa Frame Allignment on Film
From: Roy Zartarian <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 1996 21:57:43 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 10 Nov 1996, Benjamin Marks wrote:

> I recently bought two IIIa's from different sources.  I've been using

[snip]

> Any comments on this phenoninon?  I would have thought it a defect in the

The "top of the image" is the bottom of the negative. It seems likely that
you're not getting the film or the canister and take-up spool far enough
into the camera body, i.e. toward the top deck.  I check film alignment at
the beginning of a roll by removing the lens, setting the speed to B,
holding down the shutter release, and adjusting the film up or down as
necessary with my finger.

> Other than the above the results on b&w film are great:  the images are
> sharp and contrasty and print easily.

What lens are you using?

Written by:	Roy C. Zartarian	| Prophets are not without honor
		25 Stuart Street	| except in their own country
		Newington, CT 06111 USA	| and in their own house.
		http://www.connix.com/~royzart