Subject: Which lenses? --> Cart before Horse!
From: Wolfgang Sachse <sachse@msc.cornell.edu>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 1996 19:33:43 -0500 (EST)

Hi LUGees -

I only read the `digest' of the User Group now and I found
it amusing, possibly even a bit ridiculous, to see the
development of the thread related to which lenses people own
and use with their favorite camera.

But isn't this a bit like asking what kind of pictures
people take? I would think that most photographers will
select that lens which lets them capture the image they wish
to record on the film. From the way this question is posed
and the way people are responding, it seems that people are
focusing their attention on the lens rather than the
images. Is this a bit of Leica-mania?

Or is the question being asked really how many lenses of a
particular focal length/aperture are out there? If so, let's
just publish the production numbers. Or are people trying to
figure out what kind of photographs people are shooting.  If
so, ask that question. But what for?

I do love my Leica and the lenses I have but I hope that
people would rather enjoy my photographs than cataloging
what lenses I use how often.

- -- Wolfgang
|                    Wolfgang Sachse   Phone: +1/607/255-5065              |
|   T&AM/Thurston Hall; Cornell Univ   E-mail: sachse@msc.cornell.edu      |
|        Ithaca, NY - 14853-1503 USA   FAX:   +1/607/255-9179              |
|                      WWW Home Page   http://www.msc.cornell.edu/~sachse  |
|__________ Cornell Women's Fencing == Chess at the Speed of Light ________|