Subject: Re: Leica M6 versus Medium Format
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 17:33:32 -0800

Ken:

I also use both Pentax 67 and 35mm (a Leica M and Nikons.  the Pentax
is hard to beat, especially for B/W.  Great lenses.  Cheap,
relatively. But heavy.

I'm looking to move to Leica Rs and get rid of medium and large
format, since I do almost all for publication where 35mm is already
more information than any printing press can record.

So Leica maybe nice compromise.

Mostly, your decision has to be based on whether you consider
sharpness and grainlessness the most important elements in your work,
as compared to content, for instance, with documentary work.

Donal Philby
San Diego