Subject: Re: Leitz 90mm f1.0 Elcan
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@spherenet.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 21:01:53 -0400

At 03:22 PM 30/10/96 -0600, Bill wrote:

>>This lens was made for the US Navy.  I does not have a rangefinder cam for
>the M cameras.  It was fixed focus at three different distances and was
>supplied with adapters for those distances, infinity and 2 closer distances.
>It does not have a focusing helical so it must use those spacers to set
>correct distance.  I have handled one.  Hope this is of some help.
>
>Bill Grimwood

The above and similar responses to my query suggest that the lens is
essentially useless for ordinary photography.  I guess that most of them
will end up in glass display cases.  I wonder how good they are from an
optical point of view?

Dan Cardish  <dcardish@spherenet.com>
                        <http://www.spherenet.com/dcardish/photo.htm>