Subject: Re: Cartier-Bresson in America
From: Stephen Gandy <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 1996 20:38:58 -0700

Roy Zartarian wrote:

> Please forgive a failing memory if someone has already posted this.
>
> Those who can readily get into Manhattan might want to see the
> exhibit of about 50 of HCB's photographs taken during various trips to
> the states between 1935 and 1975. The exhibit is running at the
> Equitable Gallery (7th Ave & 51 St.)until November 2.

Some years ago I met a guy who lived in Manhattan in the 50's.  Making
his way through a back alley on his bike, he saw beautiful photos dumped
in the trash behind travel agency.

It seems the agency was using original signed HCB photos illustrate
Europe.  Being of no value, the agency just dumped the pics after the
exhibit.

Needless to say, he had some difficulty riding the bike with all the
pics, but he made it home.

one man's trash is another's  treasure.

Stephen Gandy