Subject: M-4
From: sproul@psc.psc.sc.edu (Robert Sproul)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 16:01:22 -0400

        I have enjoyed reading this list for some time now and have learned
a lot from these readings. Thanks in advance for help with the answer to
this question.
        I understand from various ads in magazines, and from Lager's early
books, that there exists a list of serial numbers for M camera that
indicate whether they are M2's, M4's, etc. However, there also apparently
exists a list of serial numbers versus the factory finish that was applied
to the camera. In particular, I am wanting to know what the factory finish
was on M4 #1225531 made in 1969. My concern is how to tell the difference
between black paint(enamel?) and black chrome.
        I would strongly recommend joining LHSA to anyone on this list that
is not already a member.

Robert Sproul, Lab Supervisor           sproul@psc.psc.sc.edu
Department of Physics & Astronomy       Ph:  803-777-7355
University of South Carolina            Fax: 803-777-3065
Columbia, S.C. 29208                    PSC Rm. 508