Subject: Re: Old Leicaflex...
From: Richard V Setchim/Tokyo <setchim@pwj.co.jp>
Date: 22 Oct 96 17:27:45 JST

wrote:

<< Many current R lenses cannot be used, because the
"brow" over the lens mount restricts the physical width of lenses that
can
be mounted >>

You may like to know that for some of these lenses it is just the meter
cover on the brow which is the restriction. Remove the battery, rethread
the cover and you can fit for example the 35-70mm zoom. Of course, you
then have to use a separate meter, but you may want to do that anyway.

I use my Original Leicaflex alongside an M4. Wide angle on the M and
short telephoto on the `flex. I find the `brilliant screen` on the `flex
is the best companion to the M finder.

Nicholas, I think you have one of the true Classics. Enjoy!

Richard Setchim
Tokyo