Subject: Re: Nov 96 POP PHOTO Review of 50mm's
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 1996 20:06:45 -0700

At 01:43 PM 10/20/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Where does Leica officially state that the new version is better than the
old?

It was in the press release for the lens, and in several other places. It
was long ago, when I was drooling over the lens and wondering that very
question. I had a friend who shot some pictures with the original version,
and I compared them to my 35 Summilux R at the time, and the difference was
insignificant, as far as I was concerned. So this is truly an "angels
dancing..." question.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR

Ever notice how fast a Mac runs? Neither did I.