Subject: Re: 35mm Asph./ASPHERICAL
From: "Roger L. Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 18:01:48 -0700 (MST)

<snip>

>But, whenever I'll get hold of an Asph. - well, OK, I'll compare the
>two by my own and I'll tell you about the details. I could also send
>slides - if you want ...  (But it will take some time until the
>procedure will take place; unfortunately "I've got other hobies too"
>- means I've got a job and it eats away much of my time. And I'll
>have to wait for an Asph. to test.)

Needless to say, Hubert, if you can try the ASPH and the ASPHERICAL side by
side under the conditions you laid out, I would love to hear your
description of the results. I said that my info, indicating equality, was
strictly hearsay, and is to be taken as such.

Yep, same subject material done within a tight non-changing (lighting etc.)
time frame, done in the same camera with the two lenses would be good enough
for me. I'd go so far as to shoot 18 with one lens, then quickly mount the
other lens and quickly shoot the same subject matter. That way, your test
would be on the same roll of film, therefore processing will be the same for
both lenses. Otherwise, you never know, for sure, whether the processor has
put multiple rolls through the same chemistry at the same time.

Now, is there a philanthropist aboard that can ship an ASPH to Hubert for
the test?
- --
Roger Beamon,  Naturalist & Photographer
                          Docent:  Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
                          Leica Historical Society Of America
                          INTERNET:  beamon@primenet.com