Subject: Re: 50mm focal length
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 09:08:57 -0400

At 07:16 PM 10/15/96, Adrian Tanovic wrote:

>I was interested in Dan's comments on the 75mm Summilux-M.
>This lens doesn't seem to get much mention.  I wonder if it
>is very widely used by LUG members?

This is a VERY limited production lens intended for photo-journalists.
Thus, the availability on the used market is quite limited, which keeps
prices up, up, up -- I don't believe I've ever seen a used one below $1400
(and I passed that one up, to my regret).  I'd be surprised if we had more
that two or three folks on the LUG who had a 1.4/75 -- I just wish I were
among their number!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!