To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: SCA Flash?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 1996 23:47:13 -0700

At 09:40 PM 10/12/96 -0700, you wrote:

>capabilities of certain Leica cameras require SCA compatible flash units
>and I don't know what this means.  On the few times I've had to use a
>flash on my M6 I used a Vivitar 283.  Any help would be much appreciated.

SCA is a European standard, I believe, that lets a flash work with
different camreas. You change the adapter for the particular camera, and
the SCA adapter lets it talk to the camera. Very handy for those with
mulitiple systems. In my opinion, the best SCA flashes are Metz.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR