To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Minolta CLE and TTL flash
From: ms fokkema <michiel.fokkema@tip.nl>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 96 21:26 MET DST

At 21:43 8-10-96 -0400, you wrote:
> I have a Minolta CLE and would like to get the proper flash to take
>advantage of the TTL flash metering. Will a Minolta SLR flash unit work? How
>about a flash for the R5?

Hello,
I just made a little study on the TTL flash possibilities of the CLE.
The metz sca system works with the 331 adapter (that's what I use).
You can also use the minolta auto ???X flashunits but then you don't have
TTL flash. Only thing you have is automatic shuttersynchronisation when
using the 'A' program, automatic shut off the flashunit when there is enough
available light for normal exposure and flash ready signal in the
viewfinder. These flashunits are recognizable by the two contacts in the
hot-shoe connection. When you use a Minolta auto ???PX flash, recognizable
by the three contacts, you have full TTL-flash possibilities.
Also other brands (like Vivitar) have made dedicated flasunits for
Minolta.Always make sure that there are three contacts in the hotshoe
connenction.

Best regards,

                Michiel.