To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Hmm Great new question - AGE
From: ms fokkema <michiel.fokkema@tip.nl>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 96 21:39 MET DST

I'm 30 now.
it seems that I'm one off the younger guys around here.

I bought my first M3 when I was 18 using my first paycheck. it didn't cost
$2000. The same day I bought a summicron 50mm this lens also didn't cost
$2000. Nobody has to spent $2000 on a leica lens or camera when you don't
want to. On the other hand I'm very glad that there are still people who are
spending $2000 on a new lens because otherwise I'm not able to buy anything
secondhand lateron.
I'm just trying to say that you can make leica photography  as expensive as
you want, but also with a bit looking around on the secondhand market, as
cheap as you want. And this is only possible because leica makes such good
quality that even my first purchased M3 which is just as old as myself will
last all my life and also will be a joy to use every single shot again.

kind regards,

                michiel