To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Hmm Great new question - AGE
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 1996 07:09:26 -0700

At 01:03 AM 10/9/96 -0400, you wrote:
>By the way what is the circulation on the Grants Pass Daily Courier. Are
>you a staffer? How long? Do you enjoy it? I used to work as a staff
>photographer for a small paper in Central Florida. I am much happier
>now. No deadline. No portfolio. I just shoot for me. Photography has
>never been so much fun.

Donny,

I have worked in Grants Pass for about 17 months now. Full time. Before
that I was at the St. Joseph (MO.) News-Press/Gazette for seven years.
Before that I was in grad school at the University of Missouri. So far it's
been a great job. They gave me a Mazda Navajo (essentially a Ford explorer,
two door) to drive for work and personal use. I have an easy going boss,
and a climate I have few complaints about. So it's been a great job.

But the most fun photography I've done in years was last week, three days
on vacation at Yosemite. I think that's one reason I want to sell my system
and get something else. So I can get macros and bellows and such that are
more functional than Leica has. Or Canon. When it comes to systems, Nikon
is the best. And selection of long lenses, but for that Leica is way too
expensive to get into. Lots of good used Nikon stuff around, not much Canon
stuff in comparison -thus higher price.

Photography is the only way I can see myself make a living, either shooting
or editing. I'm too hooked on it to not do it regularly. What caused you to
quit? Needed more money? I could understand that! <g>

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR

Replies: Reply from Donny Levan <levandon@cps.acast.nova.edu> (Re: Hmm Great new question - AGE)