To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Hmm Great new question - AGE
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 1996 19:56:27 -0700

At 10:14 AM 10/7/96 -0400, you wrote:

>Thanks for the quick reply. I do enjoy getting close to subjects when I
>make their picture. My question is now. Can I use a range finder camera
>if I have an astigmatism in my shooting eye. I wear glasses, but don't
>know if it is easier or harder to focus that way.

I would think the Leica M will work better for you. Astigmatism causes off
axis tiny double images, right? Or fuzzieness. (At least that's how optical
lenses work, I'm not sure about eyeballs). With an SLR, you've got to go by
sharpness of the focused image, with a rangefinder, you line up a double
image in the center. I would think that would be easier. But a rangefinder
is harder to shoot with if the subject is close and moving closer and away
quickly. You have to pre-focus and wait. Or use hyperfocal distance setting.

Good luck! I might be selling my M6 and 35 Summicron soon. If you are
interested, let me know.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR

Replies: Reply from Donny Levan <levandon@cps.acast.nova.edu> (Re: Hmm Great new question - AGE)