To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Emotive lenses
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 1996 19:56:25 -0700

At 05:35 PM 10/7/96 -0400, you wrote:

You're right mostly on the pre 50s Leica, I'm sure. I seem to remember they
originally put out the Leica camera to provide employment for their
workser, so that would imply they weren't a powerhouse.

>Third, as to Bob Shell, he hardly owns Shutterbug -- look to the masthead of
>the magazine.  Bob has a fairly schlocky close-to-porn studio about forty
>miles from me.  I used to be his county attorney, though we've never met.
>We do exchange some vicious FAXes on occasion, a practice which will cease
>as soon as my current subscription lapses.  I'm TIRED of Regie and Zucker
>and so forth.

Schlock is the word! His stuff is lousy, but we need to be fair in what we
say. He doesn't own Shutterbug, but he is the editor, and in this business,
if the editor wants, or doesn't want something, it does or doesn't happen,
unless the publisher intervenes. I suspect that's the way it is there.

And I don't read the magazine for the articles, I read it for the ads.
That's the ONLY publication I do that.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR