To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Value of Lost Equip.
From: gthrall@ix.netcom.com (Glenn Wm. Thrall)
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 1996 14:13:03 -0700

You wrote:

>I've gone blind reading Shutterbug ads looking for equipment similar
to that which I've lost. I'm faced with calculating a replacement value
for each item.  My method has been to take all examples and calculate
an average price. Does this fly with insurance companies? Anyone ever
have such an experience? Any suggetions for finding more prices (the
larger the sample the better the numbers)?

>ben.holmes

Ben,

When I had a car burglary I gave them catalogs with the objects stolen
in them. I paid less for the objects, and gave them the actual prices
.. had receipts for some, but not all, of it.

They paid per contract. Some of the items were not covered, some were.
Some were covered at a percentage.

Current value of equipment (i.e., Tamarkin, Chatterton, etc.) would
probably be the best way. Heck, give the insurance company rep their
telephone numbers.

Glenn

Glenn Thrall
gthrall@ix.netcom.com