To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Like a Good Neighbor...
From: gthrall@ix.netcom.com (Glenn Wm. Thrall)
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 1996 14:06:59 -0700

You wrote:

>I am hoping that my homeowners insurance is adequate to cover what I
have lost. Does anyone have a good handle on the various 28mm M lenses?
I'm thinking about replacing the 35mm with one a bit wider and don't
know where I should be looking. Any input would be nice.

>ben.holmes

Probably the fastest "quick and dirty" way of getting prices on good
quality second hand equipment would be to visit Don Chatterton's web
site. His prices are posted, as is the condition of the equipment and
the major portion of the serial numbers.

The web address is http://www.aa.net/dci/html/Leica_R.htm

That's for his Leica R stuff. I printed that one out a few days ago,
but it will bring you to his home page and then to the M material.

That, and the advertisements in SB for Kuehl, Urey, Chatterton, B&H,
should be all your insurance agency would require for present value.

Tamarkin also has a web site with prices. I don't have a printout of
that one, and have switched mail programs ... a neighbor's relative in
Holland sent a massive photo in mime that caused Netscape to belch.

*** In Shutterbug the website is posted as http://www.tamarkin.com

Then click on Leica, there is a price list.

Glenn

Glenn Thrall
gthrall@ix.netcom.com