To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leicaflex
From: Klaus Mathisen <klausm@online.no>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 1996 21:40:19 +0200 (MET DST)

At 10:10 06.10.96 -0400, you wrote:
If given the choice,
>should I opt for a used R series camera (R3) or the Leicaflex (realizing
>that automation is nice but not a necessity)?  How about lens compatibility?

According to a book i got yesterday, "Collecting and Using Classic SLRs" by
Ivor Matanle (Thames and Hudson 1996) the R3 is not as reliable a camera as
the Leicaflexes. You should also check out Matanle's "Collecting and Using
Classic Canmeras" (T and H 1986). It's a most valuable source of info about
old Leicas and other vintage gear. Lens compatibility is also covered in
"Leica Reflex Photography" by Brian Bower (David & Charles 1991. Hope this
helps.

BTW, I'm withdrawing from the list as of now. I'm not wasting time checking
and deleting messages from adolescent 40 year olds telling each other to
give them a break.

Regards,

Klaus N. Mathisen
klausm@online.no