To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Leitz add-on range finders
From: dmorton@cix.compulink.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 96 22:37 BST-1
Cc: dmorton@cix.compulink.co.uk

I see that there are add on range finders for use with the Ix models. How
accurate are these? If one were to buy an adaptor to fit Nikon F mount
lenses onto a screw thread Leica body, would the range finder be accurate
enough to then set the focus by scale on a 135mm lens? (I'm assuming it
would be accurate on shorter lenses because if it isn't then it wouldn't
work on the original lenses). Mind you, my 135mm f2 Nikkor is going to
look pretty silly on the front of a IIIf...

Oh and while I'm here, I went round all the classic shops in the Russell
Square region on London today, my *word* one could do some wallet damage
there, I reckon I must have see over 200 screw thread bodies.

dmorton@cix.compulink.co.uk      |
david@cassandra.compulink.co.uk  |  "The loss of an old man
(+44) 181 450 5459               |  is like the destruction
Flat 3, 11 Kingscroft Road,      |  of a library"
Kilburn, London NW2 3QE          |