To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica CL -- Addendum
From: James J Dempsey <jjd@k12-nis-2.bbn.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 1996 08:47:41 -0400

Fred Ward wrote:
> That said, my German CL has been nothing but trouble. The meter is out
> again. The concept of a moving meter is flawed and old-fashioned and
> problem-plagued.

I assume you meant your "Leica labelled CL" since all CL bodies, the
Leica labelled ones as well as the Leitz-Minolta ones were made in
Japan.

I have had a Leitz-Minolta CL since around 1980 when I bought it new
for $450 (with 40mm).   It has been completely reliable and continues
to be my main camera, despite that I now own an M6 as well.

I agree that a mechanical meter cannot possibly be as reliable as a
solid state meter and I also wish Leica (or minolta) would come out
with a modern CL using modern technologies.

                       --Jim Dempsey--
                         jjd@bbn.com
              http://frontdoor.bbn.com/users/jjd