To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: summitar filters
From: James J Dempsey <jjd@k12-nis-2.bbn.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 13:31:10 -0400

> Does anyone have a nice way to fit a UV filter on to a 50/2 Summitar?  There
> are no threads and I hate to abrade the chrome.

My Summitar does have a Leica UV filter attached to it.  It is
obviously made just for the summitar because the markings on the
outside of the filter exactly match the metal on the outside of the
summitar.

I don't have it in front of me, but there are threads inside the
flange of the Summitar that the filter screws into.  I'm not sure if
they are some kind of non standard threads, but they are there.
Unless of course, they changed Summitars mid stream.

                       --Jim Dempsey--
                         jjd@bbn.com
              http://frontdoor.bbn.com/users/jjd