To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Contax
From: fl1pper@frii.com
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 09:40:53 -0600 (MDT)

I live in Boulder CO where we have a Dealer called Mike's Camera. The Contax
rep was on hand Sunday and offered me the use of a new Contax rangefinder
and lens. I was intrigued and am taking him up on it. My impresions so far
is that the thing is TOTALLY reliant on electronics. The viewfinder is full
of information and every time I press a button or turn a knob the beast hums
and vibrates. It's obviously a technological feat of sorts, but... I just
don't like it. The controls aren't natural (for me) and I'm weary of such an
electricity dependent system. The rep asked me if I was a professional and I
told him I was. He asked me what I use and I told him (he sneered). He made
a remark about Contax being in the twentieth century.  My cameras sure
aren't as shiny and smooth, but I'll stay where I am.